View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Writing it. 
Helloooo there. I just joined this forum and already I'm loving it.
I'm looking for some advice from some songwriters...

I'm currently really working on writing my own music.
The hardest thing for me to do is write what's on my mind...why? Cuz' I think too much :P

Any suggestions on writing lyrics....?? It'd be highly appreciated!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:57 am
Hello! I'm a songwriter to and what do is: I just pick up my guitar and play until I have this 'cool' riff/chord progression or anything else that sounds good to your ears. Of course, you gotta have some experience with playing different types of songs. Knowing all sorts of chords are committed as well.

After the discovery of your new chord progression you just keep playing the pattern. It's helpfull to close your eyes and imagine something that fits into the song. It could be anything. Your girlfriend, your mother, a landscape at sunset or even the office you work in. Let your imagination do the work.

Get some paper now. Write down anything that comes up in your mind. Of course, it must fit into the thing you imagened.

Put those lyrics into your song. To get some nice music when you talk about vocals, just listen to a lot of songs.

Last but not least, you have to get a catchy riff or hook in it. Keep that part simple, people must remember it. Be honest, which part do you think of with the song Neven Nation Army? I think of the guitar riff. Get a catchy riff.

I hope this was helpfull. Good luck! ;)

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
You can start by writing poems, that's easier. Learn and study a little bit about phrasing and structure. Listen to artists who rhyme, and don't rhyme their lyrics. Get a rhyme dictionary, and above all, experiment.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:02 pm
This does help a lot! Thank you both sooo very much!

I have just been struggling with the whole lyric thing. I did buy a book on how to write good lyrics, just haven't had a chance to start reading it yet.

Thanks again :)

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:03 am
The more words you know, the better.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:59 pm
1 Go buy a scratch pad and write down every idea that you get.
2. Go and get a coffé or a soda and observe whats happening downtown. Then make metaphors when you describe someone or something! What i want to say is that you should get inspiration from your environment and describe it.
3. Write on feeling!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 pm
I suggest reading a lot... that will expand your vocabulary and imagery. Also write a lot, get a good dose of practice and you'll improve with time. Good luck!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:37 am
Daniel Pelowa wrote:
Hello! I'm a songwriter to and what do is: I just pick up my guitar and play until I have this 'cool' riff/chord progression or anything else that sounds good to your ears. Of course, you gotta have some experience with playing different types of songs. Knowing all sorts of chords are committed as well.

After the discovery of your new chord progression you just keep playing the pattern. It's helpfull to close your eyes and imagine something that fits into the song. It could be anything. Your girlfriend, your mother, a landscape at sunset or even the office you work in. Let your imagination do the work.

Get some paper now. Write down anything that comes up in your mind. Of course, it must fit into the thing you imagened.

Put those lyrics into your song. To get some nice music when you talk about vocals, just listen to a lot of songs.

Last but not least, you have to get a catchy riff or hook in it. Keep that part simple, people must remember it. Be honest, which part do you think of with the song Neven Nation Army? I think of the guitar riff. Get a catchy riff.

I hope this was helpfull. Good luck! ;)

Great. You are indeed a song writer. I admire people like you and it was a nice thing that you would be inspired upon writing beautiful songs.
And for you who wants to be a song writer, Good Luck. I hope what was suggested will help you then.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:56 pm
It takes practice. Start by writing poems to find your groove. Then, make sure you read the dictionary and know lots of words and how to rhyme them.

Finally, when you are playing and coming up with a tune, just hum it at first and then begin adding whatever words come to you. Write those down and then you can do second, third and fourth drafts until they flow well and make sense.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:59 am
I sometimes write poems, songs and anything that catches my interest. One of the reason I asked my parents to buy me a printer so that I could print out the things I usually write. And also in writing, I can somehow express what I am feeling.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]