View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Help, some solos? 
I recently start playing solos and the one i just learned is Wasting Love from Iron Maiden

Can you tell me what is for you the easiest solo to play? from Iron Maiden, Metallica, or Megadeth?

thanks

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:43 am
Some of the Metallica songs have easier solos, Like Fade to Black and Enter Sandman.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:00 am
yeah i see Enter Sandman´s is easier
thanks

Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:15 am
i think that nothing else mather have a really good solo if you should start to play solos=)

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:19 am
Sometimes its better to be solo because you got to insert more of your talent and time. That's more challenging... Thanks for the Help anyway. =;

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:10 pm
I think also you should start learning scales and start improvise cause it´s a big part of guitar playing.
And when you improvise you can steal nice licks that you have learned from your hereos:D:D

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:04 am
baldy1 wrote:
Sometimes its better to be solo because you got to insert more of your talent and time. That's more challenging... Thanks for the Help anyway. =;

WTF?

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:57 pm
I'm not sure if Metallica is a good band to learn soloing from. Perhaps only the Nothing Else Matters Solo, because it is played by James. The solos by Kirk are horrible, sometimes sound like a bunch exercises stuck together.
When it comes to Megadeth, their songs (overall, not just solos) are much more complicated then Metallica's, so I would stay away from it. This is surely too difficult.

Iron Maiden is a good pick, on the other hand. But again, not to start learning the art of soloing from. If you want to start and learn it really well, you should stick with something less technical like AC/DC. This has several benefits:
1, you are likely to like their songs judging from the three favourite bands of yours - i.e. you have motivation
2, the solos are not very technically demanding (at least most of them) - i.e. you needn't spend months doing strength exercises to develop you technique
3, the solos fit very well, they are well composed - i.e. a good starting point if you want to study the more theoretical side of it (this is, in fact, not IF - you WANT)
4, they contain a lot of examples of well-played bending and vibrato, which is something Angus is really good at - i.e. a good source to add expression to your playing

Another important thing is to learn to improvise. And probably the best choice would be to learn the blues. The guitarists from the above bands learnt it as well. Later you will want to play more advanced stuff, so a good choice is to add some technical exercises to your routine.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:00 pm
I really started learning how to solo through Led Zeppelin. Jimmy Page is such a diverse guitarist that there are so many songs that have really easy and really hard solos. Find a good song and start there. He uses all sorts of techniques that are great to know. Thats how Eddie Van Halen did it, and thats motivation for ya.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 am
Surely Starway to Heaven has one of the best guitar solos ever. It's not exactly easy but a lot of fun to try out! Check out some Hendrix too, such as Little Wing.

Sat May 28, 2011 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]