View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Question about C chord 
I am really new to guitar. My instructor has me practicing a song and he called me last night to tell me I had to "walk into my C chord" for the song to sound right. Since he isn't right here to show me what that means I don't know what he's talking about. I go from an A minor to walking into a C chord.

Can someone help me out?

Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:18 am
Walk means to start at A minor, then play the 2nd fret, 5th string, then finally C major. It means to add a note between A minor and C major as a way of transitioning from one to the other.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 am
Thanks!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:16 am
Consequently, you'll also hear people say walk up and walk down. You can try this with just about any chord, but Em-G is also quite a popular walk.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:41 pm
lessonsthatrock wrote:
Walk means to start at A minor, then play the 2nd fret, 5th string, then finally C major. It means to add a note between A minor and C major as a way of transitioning from one to the other.

I've been playing the guitar for quite some time now but that is the first time I heard about the phrase "Walk into my C chord". Thanks for explaining it in a simple way.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]