View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
How to Refresh Your IP Address in Windows 

This is how to get a new IP address if you use a Windows OS. This will only work if you have a dynamic IP, not a static IP, like with a cable connection.

Method 1 - Manually

You need to open the DOS command console. If you don't know how to do this, it's easy.

Go to your start menu and click on "run" and a dialog box will open

Type "cmd.exe" (no quotes) and then click "ok"

This will open the DOS command prompt console.

To release your IP, type "ipconfig /release" (no quotes) in the prompt, and then enter it using the enter key on your keyboard.

Wait about 30 seconds or so.

To renew your IP, type "ipconfig /renew" (no quotes) in the prompt, and enter it using the enter key on your keyboard.

Now you have a new IP address.

Method 2 - Automatic

Going through all this every time you want a new IP address is inconvenient. Here is how to automate the process a little.

Make a new text document on your desktop.

open it and type "ipconfig /release" (no quotes)

close the text file (save the changes) and rename it to "RELEASE.bat" (no quotes)

Make another new text document on your desktop

open it and type "ipconfig /renew" (no quotes)

close the text file (save the changes) and rename it to "RENEW.bat" (no quotes)

To refresh your IP -

Open RELEASE.bat

wait 30 seconds or so

Open RENEW.bat

Now you've got a new IP address.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:34 am
nice post brother i will try this,thank you..but what are all the ip's which we have to use.hey do you know how to switch proxy and server ext ,bcos i couldn't able to browse many site :D

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:36 am
the /release and /renew commands only work locally, meaning they will work with your router to get a new IP but I seriously doubt your ISP's gonna let you control their server's by any means, so if you want to release and renew your dynamic IP with your internet provider the best way I know of is to just unplug your cable/broadband modem for about 30 seconds. When you power it back on it'll send a request out for a new IP and once your provider verifies the MAC address of the modem it'll send out a new IP lease.
Of course this is within the scope of my limited understanding.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:16 am
Most computer users should have thought to make Windows start faster, for after a hard day at work or to study, finally, we have the opportunity to take some time off to listen to music lying or playing games like but what makes us frustrated that the speed of Windows Startup is slow.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:40 pm
We all apperceive that a lot of adumbrate IP software could accommodate you with US IPs. However, alone a few of them are able to high-quality IP addresses from added countries. An IP accoutrement allows a being networked white pages seek reverse phone device.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]