The function of a stethoscope is to examine the sound in the body, and more often used to detect the sound of a heartbeat, blood pressure, lungs, stomach disorders, and breathing. A stethoscope consists of a small disc-shaped resonator and a tube connecting it to facilitate hearing. Some stethoscopes should be placed directly on the patient’s skin, while others can be on the clothes the patient uses. A stereoscope with two bells allows the user to distinguish low-pitched sounds on one side and high-pitched sounds on the other. To get a personalized stethoscope that you can design yourself, you can visit our website.
Here are some types of stethoscopes:
Binaural stethoscope – a designed stethoscope can be heard using both ears, while a single stethoscope is only for one ear.
Differential stethoscopes – allowing users to compare sound in two different locations. There is also an electronic stethoscope that can amplify the sound produced by the organs that are examined.
Acoustic stethoscope – the most commonly used, and operates by channeling the sound from the chest, through an air-filled empty tube to the listener’s ear.
Electronic stethoscopes – overcome low sound levels by strengthening body sound.
The stethoscope consists of a small disc-shaped resonator and a tube connecting it to facilitate hearing of the listener’s ears. The stethoscope is one of the most important discoveries in the most useful medical world, doctors, and professional health professionals always rely on this tool to establish a patient’s medical diagnosis for physical examination, and vital sign checks, which are auscultated, in addition to physical examination of palpation, inspection and percussion methods. With the stethoscope, today doctors have been able to hear and monitor the various types of internal sounds of the patient’s body either normal or abnormal.
Stethoscope functions include:
– To hear and diagnose various sounds and abnormalities of the function and heart rate, heart murmurs, and various types of heart disease and other disorders.
– To hear lungs and breathing sounds normal and abnormal
– To hear the sound of an artery and check one’s blood pressure.
– To hear sounds and peristaltic abnormalities of the intestine and gastrointestinal tract
– In pregnant women, there is a special stethoscope that is used to hear the fetal heart rate and is very useful to know the condition of pregnancy health
Whereas in animals and stethoscope mammals generally have the same function, veterinarians also use this tool to monitor and diagnose various diseases in animals.